Saturday, May 17, 2014

Voting today for French Conseil des Francais a l'etranger

Hi,

I am voting today for the French Conseil des Francais a l'etranger.

The vote is implemented by an applet which seems to want to run only with JRE 1.7.51

I looked in my Java Control Panel on the Mac, it displays the version which of the JRE which is installed but does not give the possibility to switch JRE.

The JRE used by the applet is under /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/JavaAppletPlugin.plugin/Contents/Home/bin . It looks like this is an actual copy of the JRE - currently I have a JDK 1.9, so there does not seem to be a soft way of switching the JRE version used to run the applets on the Mac.


So I have do download again a Java SE Runtime Environment 7u51.

I do that, and I try to install the DMG. Now I am getting an error message saying "newer version exists, refer to java.com/newerversionexists" which is a non existent URL.

No comments:

Post a Comment